Non-Network Information is all about essential information that does not make or connect to your computer network but still is needed if you need to work and manage that network.
Here are some examples of information you need to record:
- Overview of all locations your organization consists of.
- Addresses, driving directions, pictures, contact name and phone number(s)
- List of all major contractors who work on your network
- List of all major vendors you purchase equipment from
- Identify who can authorize purchases, Organization purchase protocol
- Resource (online) account management list
- Track all the URL, usernames and passwords for the web resources you utilize
- Network Documentation overview – Help the person looking for information find it fast!
- Outline the framework you are utilizing
- Hints to help find information fast
- Network Purpose Statement
- Identify why the organization has a network and what its primary functions and responsibilities are. This may also include what the network is NOT